Earle Mack School of Law Trial Team
The Earle Mack School of Law Trial Team has become a major competitor in national and regional tournaments that test law students' advocacy skills.
Students who have completed prerequisite courses can compete for a place on the Trial Team through an audition process. Working with teammates and coaches who are experienced trial attorneys, students refine their skills in opening and closing statements, direct and cross-examination of witnesses and creating and introducing state-of-the-art trial exhibits.
The team's successes include:
- Champions, Judge Paul Joseph Kelly Jr. Invitational Trial Competition, Fordham University, Oct. 2012
- Semi-finalists, Peter James Johnson National Civil Rights Trial Competition, St. John's University School of Law, Oct. 2012
- National Semi-Finalist, Top Gun National Mock Trial Competition, June 2012 (by invitation only)
- National Semi-Finalists and Regional Champions, Texas Young Lawyers Association Trial Team Competition, March 2012
- Regional Finalists, American Association of Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition, March 2012
- Regional Semi-Finalists and Best Oral Advocate, (second team), Texas Young Lawyers Association Trial Team Competition, March 2012
Some of Philadelphia's leading litigators coach the team:
- David Inscho of Kline & Specter
- Brian Kent of Laffey, Bucci & Kent
- Matthew Leckman of Pogust, Braslow and Millrood
- Andrew Sciolla of Pogust, Braslow and Millrood